By now I know you have heard or seen the ridiculous ad SheaMoisture shared. And if you haven’t keep reading. The ad seems all good and dandy unless you truly are familiar with the natural hair community and what SheaMoisture was built on. SheaMoisture was the staple product for natural hair and I mean CURLY hair people. When you heard SheaMoisture you thought of the pioneering, off the ethnic section first product. But the ad discussed hair hate and how “EVERYBODY” needs to love their hair and not ONE black woman, ethnic woman, 3b 3c 4c hair was shown. So
5 Times SheaMoisture Got It Wrong
- The commercial is stating “HAIR HATE” where and when do people discriminate on white people straight hair???????
- The entire brand was built and designed by African descent and was supported by African Americans but not 1 African was shown in this new “direction”
- “Everybody Gets Love” #BissshWhere they had 4 out of 5 people were Caucasian. So Where is everybody????
- SheaMoisture Apology was as pathetic as the video.
- They said they would take it down, and yet its still there.